Backstreet Boys and N'Sync own The Jonas Brothers!

Like for real... [/pretentious talking]

Ok, after spending an unhealthy amount of time searching for those old performances, videos, bloopers, etc etc of N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and well, you can just imagine, I've come to the conclusion that.... I need a hobby.

Well, anyway, that was yesterday, and when I came into Mibba, I found an insanely large amount of journals about hating certain bands. (ok, maybe like 5 or 6, but you get the point) I won't go into the matter of disliking those journals, because there were a few others that repeated the exact same thing over and over again. I just ignored that, but what I cannot ignore, because it's something that has intrigued for a while now, is: What is the deal with this generation and their so called "hating"?

I mean, everyone complains about the word "Love" being thrown about, but, what about its antonym, the oh so common "Hate"?

I'm not sure if I can explain myself, but here's the deal: Hate is a strong word that describes a strong feeling of hatred towards something. Excuse me for making assumptions here, but I really do doubt that most teenagers and people in general dislike something with enough passion as for it to qualify as hate. Sure, there are many cases out there of people actually hating something, but most of the people are talking about hating said band, food, clothes, stereotype, etc. And that's what bothers me. This is the generation of hate, even if most of the people that claim it as their feeling have no idea of what true hate is. And yes people, I know it's a trend....

Soooo... even if you do not agree and still like saying how much you don't like something, then please, give the poor word a break. There are very interesting words out there that you could use, and, I don't know, sometimes they actually make you sound smart!

Suggestions:

abhor, abominate, anathematize, animosity, animus, antagonism, aversion, condemn, despise, detest, detestation, disdain, dislike, enmity, execrate, hostility, loathe, loathing, malignity, rancor, revile, scorn

Now, I'll go back to youtube. I'm searching for my lost childhood over there..... ^^
September 10th, 2008 at 04:29am