Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers hype

First of all, if you like either Miley Cyrus or the Jonas Brothers, don't read, so I warned you, so don't bitch at me.
__________________________________________________________________________

I'd like to know, what is up with this Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana and the Jonas Brothers hype? I don't get it, they AREN'T rock and they AREN'T all that great. They are all studio-generated POP music, that just so HAPPENS to have guitars and a bass line. Honestly? Miley Cryus is more pop country . They aren't anywhere CLOSE to rock music. What ever happened to the fuck authority, stick it to the man, punk music? Sure there are other genres of rock but really, since when does singing about having a sleepover rock music? Really? What really makes me mad though is when fellow mibbans post all these hardcore bands and then MILEY CYRUS or THE JONAS BROTHERS ARE SO ROCK OMG! Um no, sit down and shut up. Sure everyone has their guilty pleasures, like my guilty pleasure is simple plan. But when they go as far to call their music ROCK, I'm like FUCKING NO. The wonderful Nikki Sixx from Motley Crue backed me up.
"There’s things that I see where I go, ‘Rock Star energy drink? Give a fucking break,’” Sixx says. “There’s no rock stars involved in this. There’s a lot of shit out there where people are calling it ‘rock.’ I went into Barnes & Noble the other day, and there’s a huge display that says ‘rock & roll,’ and it had a big thing of Miley Cyrus and the Jonas Brothers. I went, ‘What the fuck is this?’ People are believing that shit that is not rock & roll, is not the rock lifestyle, is rock.”
What happened to our generation? Have we really forgotten about our rock fathers, like Elvis? Or the true rock gods of the 60'S AND THE 80's from the UK and America, like The Beatles, Motley Cure, Guns and Roses, classic hair metal bands like Metallica and Pantera that PAVED the way for all the genres we have today and the current rock gods like Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry and Papa Roach. Even the pop rock like Panic at the Disco and Paramore or the emotional rock like My Chemical Romance or the screamo hardcore like Silverstein and Underoath, do you hear any of that from them? No I didn't think so. Have we really strayed so far from the genre that everything with a bass line, and a few guitars, and a symbol is considered rock? It's disgusting. I've never watched Camp Rock and I don't think I ever want to, simply because I'm sure i'll barf.

Just gain some fucking sense and STOP calling them rock it's called DISNEY pop for a reason, so little 9 year old girls can have something to play at their sleepover parties in their pink and purple pajamas.
September 13th, 2008 at 01:00am