To Write Love On Her Arms and Other Thoughts

I just got done watching the NBC Nightly News that did a segmant on To Write Love On Her Arms last night. To Write Love On Her Arms is a foundation that was founded by Jamie Tworkowski for Renee Yohe. She was nineteen years old, with addictions, fresh wounds, and suicide attempts and she had been denied entrance into a rehibilitation center because of the wounds and the center had no detox. For five days she waited with Jaime and others- until she could get into the rehibilitation center. It has been two years and Renee is still living, she has been sober for two years.

It just makes you wonder doesn't it? You may not be able to relate, or you may have done some of the things she has done. But in some way, we can all relate to pain. It amazes me that she could get over those addictions- honestly, if it were me, I don't think I would have been able too.

Some of you will read this and not even care, but then later, maybe you'll think back and remember you had a friend that cut and you left them, leaving them alone. Or a friend that has done drugs, and you didn't help them, instead you laughed and called them stupid before leaving them alone. A friend that drinks and you didn't want to be dragged down- so you left them alone. You may have caused them another cut, another line, another drink and you don't even realize it.

To Write Love On Her Arms. Love IS the Movement. Alive. Wake Up, You're Alive, We're On Your Side.

In other news, that's on a much lesser not than TWLOHA, into my thoughts, we get. Lately, I have found out that my father doesn't think I am ever going to move out of Washington or get the job I am aspiring to have. Just the other day I was talking to him and I called him out on it because he was saying there was no way I could love a place without ever being there and that I'm not going to make it in the behind the scenes music career as a tour manger because I don't do anything to even help a band. I am going to prove him wrong. I am on street teams and by talking about bands I am promoting them. Also, I have helped a few bands before, I got a few people to add them and listen to their music, and last year, I found many ways to help get a band signed and told Postmark Twain. They thanked me profusely. I am going to prove him wrong.

Now onto my writing. This past year has really opened my eyes into writing and I have finished writing my first story. Along with four others and two in the works. I've noticed I have been striving to become a better writer and extend my vocabulary, particularly these last few weeks. I have also noticed that in most of my writings there's a message of hurt or pain and I can't help but wonder why all my stories have something tragic, or terrible happen in them and end with a cliché happy ending. For instance, in one I have a girl get moved across the country after her family finds that her ex boyfriend had been beating and raping her- she was broken. At the end of the story she is happy just like before James had broken her. Which leads me into love. I don't believe in love at such a young age, you haven't met all of whom you are going to meet, especially when you're just in high school but in all my stories, I come off as a hopeless romantic. Confusedly, I keep on writing about love without knowing what it really is, but at the same time I have a sense of what love is. Weird.

On that note, I shall end this blog.
Thanks for reading.
September 15th, 2008 at 06:45am