I Need Just One Person.

To take and hide in my underground dungeon...

No, actually I need somebody to ask one of their parents a bunch of questions for my music homework. I can't ask mine, for very boring reasons, so I was wondering if one of you wonderful people would like to help out? Pretty please?

General Information
Name:

Age/date of birth:

What is your cultural heritage?

Where did you grow up?

Were there languages other than English in your home as you grew up? What were they?

At social events in your family and community (eg: weddings, birthdays), what sort of music is played? Do guests dance or sing along with the music?

Do you listen to or play music from your cultural heritage? Is this music an important part of your life and sense of identity?

Musical Moments
What are 3 important “musical moments” in your life from birth up to age 15? [Moments you remember that had something to do with music.]

What are 3 important “musical moments” you had between the age of 15 and now?

Pop music when you were growing up
What styles were in and out? How was that decided?

Who were the main pop artists and bands? Which were your favourites? Why? Did you follow local bands?

How did you hear and watch pop music? (eg: through radio, TV, video, going to live gigs, playing it yourself, etc)

If you went to gigs where were they held? How much did they cost?

How did you hear and share information about popular music with friends?

What was the first pop record or CD you bought?

Did you or your friends collect promotional material about favourite pop artists? What sort of things did you collect? (eg: books and magazines, t-shirts, posters)?

Did pop music play a big part in your life when you were growing up?

What do you think about pop music today, and how does it compare to pop music when you were growing up?

What is your favourite type of music?
September 16th, 2008 at 04:59am