mom deing

“Hello, is this Laura parker?”, said the voice on the phone. “Yes this is Laura”, “I answered sleepily”. “Whos this”? “This is your mother’s doctor” As I hear what he said I hung up the phone. Mumbling to self I can’t believe this happened. It’s only seven-thirty in the morning and I get a phone call saying my mother is sick great morning wake up call. I mean I care but seven-thirty in the morning and it’s a Saturday on of top that really come on no one wants to be awake at seven-thirty. I get up out of bed and go to the window. As I look out I can see the rugged mountains in the distance. While I’m looking out the window I just realized that today is November 3. I go to my closet and pick out what I’m going to wear today. As I get dressed I put on the TV. Let’s see what’s on. As I’m flipping through the channels I see that my favorite show is on ER. I think to myself how did my mother get so sick all of a sudden. A month ago she was fine and now she is dying slowly before my eyes. Was she always dying inside but I couldn’t see it? As I’m thinking and watching ER time passes so fast before I know it it’s ten. I must be going to my mother’s now. As I open the door a gust of wind blows at my face. I should tell that it’s going to be a very windy day out. As I’m driving to my mother’s I see the sun sinning light on the trees and grass. When I arrive there I see my uncle’s car. I go into the house it smells the same. As I go up the stairs I see all of the old pictures of me when I was a little baby. The door was open to my mother’s bedroom I go in and I see my uncle standing over her. “Hey uncle nick”. “Oh hi Laura, I didn’t know u where coming here today”. “Either did I until I got a phone call saying mom was sick”. “Oh I see, I didn’t want you to see like this”. What am I suppose to think when I see my mother in bed dying before my eyes. I can’t be happy and I can’t start breaking down crying. If I did that would show how unstable I am. I see my uncle nick starting to cry I go to him and give a tissue. “Thanks Laura”. I walk away and go down stairs to the kitchen to get a glass of water.
September 19th, 2008 at 12:37am