I feel out of place.

So, I'm just going through the site, the forums and the new users list and such, and I feel grossly out of place. I shouldn't feel old at sixteen, but most users I find on here are 12-15 years old. It's kind of weird.

Then these youngsters go off about their new favorite musical artists. It's not that I don't follow music; I love music with every fiber of my being. I've been to a Motley Crue concert, an Aerosmith concert, a Pink Floyd tribute concert, an Alice Cooper concert, Pat Benatar, Smashmouth, Sheryl Crow, Apocalyptica, and Queensryche concerts. I know music. But when all I see is "The Academy Is...", I'm forced to stare dumbfounded at the screen mumbling to myself, "This seems vaguely familiar..."

I also observe these weird behavioral patters. Most are very pleasant to talk with and seem quite happy until you read their depressing usernames about their miserable lives.

It makes me sad, in all honesty. And outdated.

I am not generalizing everyone to be like this! This is not meant to be offensive! These are just slight observations after me being on this website for only a few days, not nearly long enough to meet all of you lovely people. I love all of you, even if you make me feel old.

This has been a word from your resident kuro-kun. Good night.
September 21st, 2008 at 04:09am