Something Bad Is Happening in Oz

I've taken notice over the past few weeks, or even month, on mibba activity. It seems that there are a lot of people signing up each day, which I don't have much a problem with. Pretty much means less story traffic, and less chance of having original work stolen. ;P

But what I have taken serious notice to is the fact that the original "Dujo team" has pretty much dispersed. I noticed it today, when I clicked on the Moderator tab in the forum, because I have friends who are mods.

There used to be about eight.

There is now a total of three.

It's really scary, because even though the site is still clean, it could get worse. There used to never be a time i logged on and there wasn't a mod/admin/editor all colorful on the forum list of who was online. Now, there are hours that go by when I'm on here where there's no one. My friends don't reply to my comments anymore. It sometimes takes days to get help.

I'm not criticizing the site: I'm just downright worried. A lot of people who I held near and dear are gone. Banned. Vanished. Just plain too busy.

I volunteer myself to anything. I need things to do after school in the spring, and I'm on most of the time. Hell, I WANT to help. I'd feel rather accomplished every night. I'd like to go to bed tired every day, or getting sick of chatspeak and rule breakers. i think I'd take a lot from it.

But the fact is, it's not about me. It's about the quality of the site. The quality of a place people call home. A Wonderland. An Oz. Such things that are symbolic in literature for a safe place. A sanctuary. A place to live, and thrive on love, equality, and zen.

And I'm afraid it will all come to a crashing halt before I die.

Love Always, Sakura
September 26th, 2008 at 01:41am