A Night Where Words Fail Me

Electric Touch are rivalling not only The Academy Is... but also My Chemical Romance as my favorite band.
I've seen them officially three times live, the most I've seen of any band.
They are the best band live I've ever seen as they can pull off small shows AND big shows, like tonights.
For being the first act opening for the Fratellis I don't think they could ever win over a crowd so quickly and so passionately.
Me, Liz, and Emily, the usual group to see them, all rushed in when they opened the doors and we successfully got barrier spots, right in between Ross (bassist) and Shane (British singer).
It was wonderful as they came out and took their places I couldn't stop grinning the whole time, and even more when they saw us.
I had a moment with each of the four boys and it warmed my cold battered heart from this week as I realized they remembered us.
It was truly great as I caught Ross's eye and his grin grew wider for a moment, or Louis, the drummer we bugged endlessly last time, and how he grinned as well.
They all grinned, very toothily like Christopher (sex driven guitarist), bot most definitely Shane, who not only smiled that smile people smile when they recognize you and catch your eye, but he also waved between playing guitar.
It's a magicaly feeling when a band you admire so much and whose music you thrive on not only takes the time to meet you but remembers you, even after they've been touring around the country.
They're really the greatest live band I've seen since after their show ended and we went back to the merch booth to see them (though me and Liz kind of ran when we saw them walking there in front of us) and the line was HUGE.
We had to wait a while but it was well worth it.
And before I get ahead of myself I need to say after the show ended when they came back on briefly to say goodbye, Louis, the drummer I bonded with, walked out with his two drumsticks and began kind of taunting the crowd to see who wanted it more and by some miracle we caught his eye and he threw it toward us and... I caught it.
I never catch the drumsticks.
Anyway so we're back at the merch table where I'm clutching the drumstick for dear life, and we get to the front of the line.
Well as a note at the last show Louis promised to get us posters but he wasn't there when we were leaving so we never got them.
This time however we cornered him, and though he tried to spin it as our fault he gave in and we were the only ones that got posters (four of them!)
I got my drumstick signed by all of the guys and we all got pictures with each of the guys, some more than others by pure coincidence.
And I forgot to mention when we walked up to the merch table and Ross was there he turned to us, smiled, and pointed to each of us, not only remembering our names but matching the names to our faces!
We all talked to them a ton, saw a bit of the second band The Airborne Toxic event or something, but most of the time just talked to the guys.
I could never explain everthing we talked about, everything we mentioned in passing, but it made this shitty shitty shitty week instantly brighter.
That's what makes me so sad, that I'm not gonna see them for a long while after this... sniff...
Eventually we said goodbye to them cause I felt guilty about getting my dad to drive us all there and home and the money he gave me that I didn't even spend.
We actually said goodbye to them quite a few times because we couldn't bare to leave just then but I can't get the picture of their smiles out of my head and how much my hands shook when they walked on stage, or my constant smile the whole night.
I truly did love having the band not only go into conversations with us over the bass echoes and guitar riffs but also the familiarity, that they continued to remember us, and that gives me hope they may remember us the fourth show too.
Honestly, go listen to them please, and if they're coming to your town go see them.
If I must I'll send you the music files of their album if you ask, that's how much I truly love them because I want to share them with as many people as I can.
They deserve all the attention they can get.
Though I may be a little biased...
September 27th, 2008 at 07:00am