To my dear friends...

Yet again I'm sitting here alone on a beautiful Saturday. Most everyone in this little town are heading to one of the football games, except for me. I had no one to go with.

Won't be going to Bayfest this year. Oh sure, I have the money...but what's the fun in going with your parents??

Sure, there's people I know from school...but the friendship doesn't go much further than having the same classes or being on their page for the yearbook...mainly because they had no one else with a nice car to photograph.

I'm used to solitude.

It's been three months since my best friend moved. Heh, she's adjusted quite nicely...new job, new friends...she can even tell me stories about what happened at so-and-so's house and what she plans to do this weekend (if she's not working at the mall). Don't get me wrong we're still besties...just neither of us have $500 to fly up/down to hang out.

But I'm not lonely.

I have all the friends I could ever ask for. Real ones...ones that won't walk off when things get bad, ones that I can tell anything to, but they'll still stand behind me...I.have.friends.

In Illinois
In Texas
In other parts of Alabama
In Canada
In Minnesota
Georgia
North AND South Carolina
Florida
New Jersey
Maryland
...just to name a few.
(and not all just from the Internet)

And so, I want to thank you all.
You guys have really made my life worthwhile.
And maybe, one day ...if I can actually get some -gasp!- money...
we can hang out too.
=]
Love always <3
Abby
September 27th, 2008 at 06:52pm