What breathing means to me?

There's meaning in that title- find it!

What does the knowledge of knowing that you're breathing mean to you?

How sure are you that death will bring you calm and peace?

...what?...

THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Anyways, I've come to the conclusion that I'm better at writing conversations between characters than writing details, what the darned character is thinking, what she/he is seeing, blah, blah, blah, ect.

I want to learn how to apply meaning to my writing. Like, for example, someone being pricked by the thorn of a rose just after it was given to them by a lover and then a drop of blood falls into that "lovers" shirt. It kinda predicts what will happen next. That scene, I mean, it predicts something.

1.) Beauty will be the downfall of that person. (King Kong...?)
2.) That person will end up killing them. Why: For love.
3.) Can't think of anything else...

Let me think...

In my history book today I saw a painting of these people. The woman was looking adoringly at the child and the child was smiling happily. While another child was trying to get her father's attention but the father was looking away. You wouldn't of got that if I wouldn't of told you, right? Well I guess it makes no sense to you to what I'm trying to say. It would be better if you actually saw the painting.

I like to see symbols and figure out meanings to things. Heck, I do it constantly when watching a movie or reading a book. It's like second-nature to me. And if I do find something like that, I declare that movie my favorite, that, and it better be good.

I was thinking; are you sent to Earth to find a purpose or do you create your own purpose? Both? Neither? Are we just living life emptily?

And then I ask myself; what will be the end of us?

We have yet to finish this book.
September 30th, 2008 at 06:09am