Procrastination Is Purely For Something Else To Do

The holidays are drawing to an end.
Cue dramatic moaning [no, not like that].
I've got three days of 'freedom' left, but more than likely, I'll use them all sitting inside watching crappy TV and making objects out of newspaper and sticky-tape, rather than say, cleaning my room or doing my homework.
I made a slug with a single eyeball for a head last night, and a really cute pumpkin today. Mum's called the slug Herbit, and both she and my brother think the pumpkin should be called Ralph, but I call him Steve. Because they all have names, you know.
Steve made for a really great object to throw until I gave him a pointy nose. Kind of like this but nowhere near as long.
[That painting is by Leontine Greenberg btw, who paints such cute things.]
I went down to my friends' town a few days ago [RL things! I know], and we made a cake and played Neopolitan Dreams for a bit. Well, I played the guitar part [thank you Lena] and my friend played parts of the piano/glock parts by ear.
We also drew pictures in chalk on the driveway, and went and sat on the seesaw in one of the parks for ages, discussing Halloween. Again, I know.

We all agreed that we want to throw a Halloween party, but we want to go all out, so we decided that we'd have better luck throwing one next year. Give us plenty of time to do exactly what we want to do. We discussed what we'd want to dress up as, how we'd decorate it, what we'd eat, who would come. Which, in hindsight, sounds a tad strange, planning a possible party a year before, but it's what we do.

So far, my friend's been busy trying to make a cake that looks like it bleeds when you cut it. Something I'd seen forever ago on a website that I wanted to try. However, my last attempt at baking almost ended in the poisoning of my grandparents on my mother's birthday, so I'm leaving that to her. I'm merely going to try to think of ideas as to how it would work. I think piping jam into it, the way they pipe jam into jam donuts, would be the way to.

So while she's busy doing that, and the other friend is busy, well, having a life, I'm looking up make-up and costume ideas. The last fancy-dress party I went to, I was a zombie, which was kinda cool, but had a few problems, namely the fact that the make-up I bought was not the same brand as I usually buy, and kept flaking off every time I moved. Which made the make-up a little less subtle than I would have liked, but nevertheless effective.

For this party, I'd love to dress up as Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. [And most recently, Kingdom Hearts.] She's been my favourite movie villain for as long as I can remember, and I'd love to try to put my own twist on her outfit, as all the ones you can buy online are rather woeful.

Anyway, I think I've rambled enough for now. :cute:
October 2nd, 2008 at 03:27pm