The Blackout 03/10/08

It's official. They're my favourite band to see live. Ever.
I mean it. I've been to five different gigs this year, that's roughly fifteen different live bands i've seen- and they are THE BEST.

:3

I didn't like the support bands much. Medic Droid sound like a whingy myspace gimmick band, though Fer Sure is a good track. We Are The Ocean were probably the best of the supports, but they still weren't amaazing. From First To Last- god, were they boring! I don't like their music and they didn't do much to make me like it. The highlight of their set was these guys doing breakdancing in the (Empty) pit.

XD

but omgggg. The Blackout. Amaziiiiiiiiiing. :D:D:D:D

We Are The Children Of The Night!
haha. the new song's amazing.

I think my favourite moments were;

-Matthew grinning at me coz I was the only person in the first few rows in front of him jumping up and down. I forget which track that was though :'( Early on, haha.
-Sean looking at me when he sang a line of Life And Death In Space
-The whole of Life and Death in Space (it's my favourite TBO song atm)
-Sean being a whore throughout Spread Legs not Lies
-A girl looking at me like :O :@ when I was singing along to the chorus of SLNL. Haha. x]
-General onstage banter
-Circle pit for I'm a Riot? You're a fucking riot! and meeting Daisy in it.
-Sean calling From First To Last ugly.
-The dedication for I kissed a girl- "This is for all the straight guys, gay guys, straight girls, gay girls, and BISEXUALS ACROSS THE WORRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLLLD!
-High tide- I love that everyone in the crowd and everyone in the band was jumping up and down.
Except maybe Snoz. but that would be a bit tricky.
-Sean being all "yeah! guitar!" at the end of Riot, (he blatez only did it to be pressed against Matthew)
-"Rhys, apparently there's a girl down there that loves you.... thumbs up!"
-Gav and Sean slagging off England.
-and lots more :]

All in all, it was one bloody good gig! I swear I actually gigged like I've never gigged before. I've seen paramore, kigh, lostprophets this year... some of my favourite bands, and yeah, they were all amazing live. But in all honesty, The Blackout were the best I've ever seen.
<3
October 4th, 2008 at 05:02pm