Author Name

If you were to ever publish a book, but didn't want to use your real name how would you go about choosing a name?

Would you make an anagram from your real name? Or use a middle name instead of your first? Perhaps just create one from names you like or from famous people you admire.

I'll tell you what though, I'll certainly not use the method that's supposed to create your "Rock Star" name or what ever, you know the one where you take the name of your first pet and your mothers maiden name.

My first pet was a Hamster I named Cookie, don't ask me why I was young! And my mothers maiden name was Crisp.

That's right boys and girls, I would be called Cookie Crisp, and yes that is the name of a cereal.

So, any ways you people out there have of choosing a name to go buy if you ever wanted to publish a book?

It would be more memorable to go by Tavar Elda than something like Jane Smith or what ever, but maybe Tavar Elda is just a bit too odd. I'm just curious, what do you guys think?

EDIT:
Ha I've found one I like! It's the middle name plus street name as suggested by AmbrielleIsACreep.

Elisabeth Park.

It's actually Park Road but I figure you can leave road out.
October 8th, 2008 at 12:13pm