I love when school isn't a waste of time.

Today was one of the best days in school I've had in a long time. I could go into detail about each of my classes, but I won't because it would be a bit too boring even for me. Instead, I'll just leave every class but AP U.S. History behind.

We had a substitute today for history. Our teacher didn't leave much work, so we had 35 minutes or so to wait for the bell. And because we're naturally gregarious, we talked the whole time. However, it wasn't a chat about how shocking it is that Mario (friend) now has a girlfriend; it was a conversation about politics.

Originally, the whole discussion began with someone asking if anyone else had seen the presidential debate last night. (I did. I mean, I had to find out why I couldn't watch a new episode of House.) Of course this question broke the room's silence.

"McCain supports...."
"Obama wants to...."
"But didn't you know that...?"

Strangely, however, the conversation turned to one of the touchiest subjects: abortion.

The people I believed to be Pro-Choice turned out to be Pro-Life and vice versa. I won't go into it further because I hate the conflicts and arguments that arise, but I will say that the whole ordeal was very stimulating. Which is why I'm now on a scholastic high.
October 8th, 2008 at 11:29pm