The "Porning" of our culture

i'm sure that most of you guys prolly don't care about whats in this article or anything, but i read it and I thought that there was a lot that made sense. And at least that it gives you a lot to think about.

ARTICLE HERE

I don't know about you guys, but I find it disgusting, some of the things i see these days. I find rap disgusting. Mostly because 90% (made up statistic, although probably true) of rap is nothing more than the objectification of women and promoting nothing more than getting laid and making money. And these are the people most of the kids these days are trying to emulate. I realise that basically everyone on this site doesn't care for rap, but still.

You ever dress slutty? Why do people do that? All that tells me is to stay away from you, because i know that shows that you know nothing more than what the culture tells you and that you probably won't be a good conversationalist or have anything deeper than "lets make out", or worse.

I am attracted more to girls who don't flaunt it, who appear to actually have intelligence and are able to voice their own opinions.

All of these kids are running off and having sex. "Its no big deal, its just sex."
If it's not big deal, why can't you wait to have it? Having sex just for sex is stupid in my opinion. Can you imagine being utterly and completely in love with someone, and then having sex with them? Think of how much of a greater experience that would be. All of this, 'casual' sex with teens these days is just stupid. Now, imagine being so in love with someone, and waiting to have sex. Can you imagine how amazing it would be when you finally did? The wait would surely be worth it.

Anyways, I find the predominance of sex in our culture disgusting. so i just felt like putting this out there.
October 9th, 2008 at 11:32pm