Eureka Moment #56

Listening: You Don't Know Me - Ben Folds (ft. Regina Spektor)
Reading: The Phobia List
Drinking : Dihydrogen monoxide


First of all, I just wanna say that everyone should go and listen to that song up there because it is really, really nifty. Like little cakes. I mean, who doesn't think little cakes are nifty, right? Although, knowing certain people, there's probably gonna be a heated debate over little cakes vs. little pies as soon as they see the word 'cake'.

Well, anyway, I'm just happy I'm out of my funk. It was a particularly funky funk this time. Right psychedelic, bitches. Funk that. (This would be Jason's cue to say "Go funk yourself!")

Yeah, what can I say? We are highly immature little childs. Deal with it.

Uh-hem. Right, so I've started writing again; like the odd poem or so. Hopefully this shalt mean story updates. Not that anyone's life would end if i stopped updating for a week or so, I just hate keeping people waiting.

Isn't it funny how good I am at writing about nothing at all?
Not to brag or anything.

...I is happy. Want to know why? I've finally come to terms with something I've been trying for nearly fifteen years to come to terms with, without even knowing that was what I wanted to come to terms with. *catches breath* 'Tis this: I am one of those special individuals known collectively as the terminally socially inept. And I always will be.

So much confusion. Gone. So much petty old pain. Gone.
Poof. I am happy-happy.
I am free.
I am liberated.
That's me! Leila = free.

No more trying desperately to fit in. No more lying to others and myself.
The weight is satisfied. Haligh, indeed, bitches.
This means I can sit at the table and smile at the air and make no more pathetic attempts to insert myself into a conversation I don't care about now.
This means I no longer need to offer half-baked excuses for not going to parties or football games now.
This means I can emit random apathetic noises to a conversation that doesn't interest me now.

The prospect itself is depressing. Yet I feel none of that. It isn't the thing itself, it's the not knowing.

E-U-R-E-K-A.
Say hey.
October 10th, 2008 at 07:46am