Central Competition

Hey guys! i had cheer competition today, and it was the most scariest thing ever! I have been cheering for 7 years now, and I still get so nervous during competition. This year I am on a Midget Large Advance team, which pretty much is the best there is. This competition was something we have been working for since August 1, which is when cheer began.

We have had practice like every week day in August. And when school started, it was three days a week plus football games. Out football team is so bad this year. Last year, we were 2nd place Division Champs, and this year, we only won one game. Ouch for the guys.

We had a dress rehearsal for our competition on Thursday. We got our new uniforms that day. And let me tell you, our uniforms are hot!!!! I love them so much! At our dress rehearsal, my friends, Anjali, Roberto, and Nikki, came. I was so happy to see them! They got to see me do what i do best.

On Friday, we got our hair curled. My mom did my hair. She would put it in a high pony tail. And they tightly out curlers in with lots of hairspray. My mom is so retarded (I love her but sometimes she is). She put my hair in a high high pony tail, but it was lopsided. it was more on the left side.

We had to sleep in our curls, and i woke up at 550 in the morning. Let me tell u, i am very cranky if i don't get my sleep. Then, we went to our Rec Center. We got bagels! Yum! i had mine with cream cheese. Then, we went on the bus to go to our competition. Some of the girls decorated it, and the bus was the most hottest bus i have ever seen!

When we were there, we rooted for our sister team, Jr. pee wee black, Jr. pee wee gold, pee wees, Jr. midgets. We went down for our warm-up. but before we warmed up on the mat, the DJ started to play dance music, and we danced with some really hot guys. =] Then, we warmed up our stunts, pyramid, jumps, tumbling, and etc.

Then, we entered the tunnel. Everyone was shouting things to remember to do. Keep tight. Look at your flyer. Have fun. Smile. Facials. I was so nervous. I did my spirit stuff with my friends, Jenn, JQ, and Jamie. We each have something we do before competition.

Then, i hear, "Welcome to the competition floor. For the Midget Large Advance division, the Monroe Wolverines!" We walk out onto the mat, spiriting. I could hear the crowd exploding into applause and screams. I hear our sister teams going, "No matter what you say. No matter what you do. Just remember that we love you!"

Then the music starts. We run by our opening. We strutted to our opening stunts. I am in a group with Lindsey, Lexii, Hondo, and Heather. I yell, "Let's do this girls!" as we go up. Everyone hits! Hooray! Then, Heather twists down. It looks so hot! I go to my roll spot, making faces at Michelle. I roll and wait in front of Jenn, so we can do her stunt. We go up and down without messing up. Then we pose, yell YEAH!, and stand up, ready for the cheer.

Jess calls it, and we start our cheer. Loud and steady is how our cheer goes. We go to our cheer stunts. Brooke is my flyer. she hits her kick single and her other stunt. We go into our pyramid, which luckily hit! I WAS SO HAPPY! We cradle then go into our jump spots.

The music starts again. And i am already just letting loose. After the cheer, i know the jumps and the dance is free sailing. I just have fun. I made the funniest facial expressions. And at the end, i yelled loudly, "MONROE!" The crowd erupted once more as we hugged each other and exited the mat.

EVERYONE SAID WE DID AWESOME. AND APPARENTLY WE DID, BECAUSE WE WON FIRST PLACE!!!!!!! =] I LOVE MY MLA!
October 12th, 2008 at 04:13am