Rockband Live 2008

Holy f-ing crap. Tonight was just....wow.
Alright, so at about 2:30, my friends Lindsey and Claudia (Yes, the Claudia from Hidden Secrets) came over to my house to get ready for the concert. Then, once we got there at about five, Claudia discovered she had lost her ticket. After frantic searching, we came to the conculsion that it was gone for good. I headed over to the ticket booth to get her another, when a lady tapped me on the shoulder and told me that one of her friends bailed on her and she had an extra ticket she'd give to me. Gushing my thanks, I headed back to the car, grabbed Claudia and Lindsey, and raced to the end of the line.
We stood outside in the cold for about an hour before we were let into the venue. There, we sprinted down to the floor and stood about five feet from the barrier. The Cab finally came on after about thirty minutes, and the crowd went wild. People were slamming us foreward, to the side, backwards, everywhere. One guy went crowdsurfing and kicked me in the head before landing on me, causing me to go down. I stood back up, seeing stars, but everything was better when Singer from The Cab jumped from the stage and touched my hand!
When their set was over, Plain White T's came on, and they were amazing. The crowd was still crazy, it was hot as hell, my feet were throbbing and I was smushed up against a guy who kept doing the emo hair flip into my face and smelled like old cigarettes, old people, and sweat, but I was having the time of my life.
Then Dashboard Confessions came on, and the crowd seemed to get worse. I was still close to the barrier, but holy crap was it horrible up there. People wanted to get to the front and didn't care who they smashing in the process. However, the lead singer of Dashboard told us a joke: "So a man walks out of a bar, plastered. He walks up to a police officer and says, 'Officer, someone stole my car'. The officer replies, 'Alright, well where did you see it last?' The man holds up his key ring. 'Right here at the end of my key'. The officer shakes his head. 'Okay, let's go to the station and fill in the paperwork. But before hand, you might want to zip up your zipper'. The man looks down and frowns. 'Damn, they took my girl too!' " It was actually pretty funny, and the whole crowd laughed.
Then, for about ten glorious minutes, the crowd just realized that there was no need to smush everyone together. I actually had more than one inch of space. And then Panic came on. The crowd went wild, and I swere to god, right there on spot I had an orgasm from seeing Brendon. (Just Kidding!)
They came on stage, and I was just blown away. I took so many photos my camera is full and I even got some video of it. Claudia, Lindsey, and I left the ground to go get some water, and I nearly married the drink guy on spot because he supplied me and Lindsey with Sierra Mist. After drowning half the almost gallon of soda, I bought a black t-shirt that says: Rienvent <3 Panic at the Disco. We went back into the venue and danced around.
Brendon then took the mike and spoke into it, telling us that what he was about to do wasn't mandatory for the crowd to do, until Ryan told him that we had to. So Brendon started singing the 'whoa' from "Shout" making the notes higher until he hit about a high C. My brain pretty much exploded from the awesomness before he burst into song.
When it got to the 'A little bit softer now', Brendon whispered into the mike "Wow, it's really quiet. I kinda like it. But I love you all! Spencer, lead us in!" After they finished that song, they left with no encore, which made me sad, but still on Cloud 9.
All in all, one of the best concerts I have been to!
October 12th, 2008 at 09:46am