Opiates & Mochic

I now officially quit opiates. There are many reasons for this decision: 1) The last few times I've done them I've been thinking that I can't feel it at all. This is not the case, completely. I can feel the drugs, I just can't feel the euphoria and happiness I expect to go along with them. 2) I want to make as many new and different memories and possible throughout the rest of my life, and every drug experience is pretty much the same, and makes for less time left to create these memories. 3) Being strung out on occasion sucks. 4) Drugs are expensive, etc.

Josh told me last night that Cody said that he wants to practice a lot more for Straight From the Fridge after having recorded with us, so that is very cool. Cody was the one who was usually busy with something making us unable to practice, so now that he's more motivated, no longer dating Gracie, and marching band will be ending soon, we'll get a lot more practice time in. This will not only give us more time to work on new songs/our stage show, but it'll make us tighter as a band and therefore make it much easier for us to write together (since it is very difficult for us to write songs). Also, we won't have to spend as much time at practices re-perfecting older songs that have lost their greatness after two weeks of not being played.

If I can learn to play bass with all my fingers on the fretboard, I'll be able to play MEGA FAST. I'm going to work on this. Cody pointed out that I ALWAYS play with my index and pinky finger, so yeah...

By the time we finish all the songs we have on the list of "song ideas or fragments to be made into songs", we'll have enough for an album :)
October 12th, 2008 at 03:32pm