The teachings of Rock and roll

I don't know exactly what has come over me. I think it was just the talk I just had with my bestest friend. It just made me remember what I want to do with my life. I want to write. Hence being on this site. I'm not so sure I was made for poetry, even though that is 99 percent of what I have written all my life.

Lately I've been wanting to write stories and articles. Sure I still want to write poetry...but not as my thing. I'm not sure that I write that well, so mostly all I want to do until I can get into school in January is write journals to get me started.

I touched on the topic of music with my friend Mariah a while ago. She mentioned about how my taste in music has changed. I went from loving artists like TLC, Rhianna, Paula DeAnda to artists like ACDC, Ozzy Osbourne, Van Halen, Horror Pops, and others of the such.
I don't know how she feels about such artists, but I absolutely fell in love with them.
I used to think "oh, such words just puts me in a bad mood. Even the music part puts me down" to songs that had lyrics expressing hopelessness and things of the such. But now I can view those words knowing that those words were sung so that people who do feel hopeless and sad have someone to relate to and look up to.
So when people say "music is my only escape" no matter what genre it is, they are saying the real truth. Music can be the only form of strength or life to some people. The only form of comfort.

My new found love of rock and roll truly makes me look at the world with different eyes.
To me...sometimes the words in a song can be real truth.
Truth about how the world is a horrible place and all you want to do is burn it down.
Truth about how peace can only be found throughout the earth when all enemies are dead. And that's when everybody is dead.
So why not put an end to everybody's suffering and end it all?
Including the ones you love...

It's amazing.
The amount of truth that comes from a song....

Heroes come. Whether or not they intend to be heroes.
They succeed.
They fail.
They die.
In one way or another. Whether or not they intend to.

I don't know who yours are....

But mine lie in the ways of rock and roll....
October 14th, 2008 at 03:18am