Greatest Night EVER

Monday 13th October; The day my life brightened up again.

All the gigs I've been going to recently have been fantastic, but Download still loomed as being the best, for obvious reasons.
But last night threw Download out the fucking window.

Sign, Slaves To Gravity, Aiden.
What's so great about that line up? you ask.
My dear, Slaves are awesome guys and Aiden?Shit dude! Have you not heard them,or seen them live? wiL Francis is a fucking lunatic on stage. =)

So, everyone was going crazy for Aiden, the usual jumping around and all that, it was good, I had space, I WAS NEXT TO THE BARRIER. No one was there, it was fucking empty.
wiL got annoyed with how far away we were and caused havoc, as he always does and never fails to do. He encouraged the whole audience to climb the barrier and go in the photographer run.
This was cool enough, especially as I ended up standing on a security guy step thing - I was high up.

There I was, jumping up and down on a tiny step, which I was sharing with some other girl and getting bruised and battered.
My ankle has swollen up! It's bright fucking blue!

Aiden went off, we all got sad.
We chanted, Aiden came on again.
They played, we screamed and tried to rape wiL.
ZOMG and some chick was mega fondling Nick, bless 'im.

But, sweet child, it got even better.
As wiL announced the last song, he also asked us something...
"Who here plays guitar?"
I screamed my lungs out.
"You play?"
"I sure fucking do!"
"Hmm..." Mr Francis prowled down the stage and I almost cried. The people around me, including my brother, Korkee and Jacob were all screaming at him to come back and were frantically pointing at me.
"You play guitar, for real?" he asked.
"Yes!" I screamed.
He held out his hand and I wanted to just faint. wiL pulled me up on stage and asked for my name. I had to shout it in his hear like 5 times cos he didn't believe me.
"No way! That is just amazing." he grinned.
Wow?
I was handed wiL's guitar and he shouted in my ear again,
"All I need you to do is play one chord, an octave chord."
"You're joking! I thought you'd at least try and challenge me a bit..."
With a laugh and a pat on the back, wiL adjusted my guitar strap as everyone was fucking chanting my name.
Crazy.
"Right, it's a 1 2, 1 2 3 4, okay?"
"Sure thing."
“Oh and Forest? Go crazy, have fun.”
I was so excited and I didn't have a clue what was happening, but I played and I milked it.
Kind of embarrassing really...
I kept the pick I'd been given, twas Angel's! Hooray! At the end of the song, it went dark and I couldn't see a thing. wiL pulled me up off my knees (wiL motioned for me to have a cheesy ending on my knees LOL!) and he hugged me.
“Well done, thank you! You were great. Goodbye!” With that, he kissed me proper on the lips =O and ran off. I gave the tech dude the guitar and jumped off the stage. Jacob gave me a bear hug and other people were crowding round me. I got so many hugs and shit, it was amazing.

I went to get a tshirt and the dude was crazy. When we finally decided which design and size I wanted, I only gave him a tenner, five quid off.
He just coughed.
“C’mon dude, I just played with the guys, they wouldn’t mind.”
“You should be paying me for that!” But I gave him puppy eyes, so he chucked the shirt at me and told me to fuck off.

So there is the greatest night of my life. I won’t shut up about it until the very day I die.

=)
October 14th, 2008 at 07:26pm