Field Band Season '08

So... if you're a complete Band Geek... like me. You are most likely in the extra-curricular band activities at your school. Well... for me... I'm in the-defending-champions- large-school-division-two's field band. Yes... the Central Square Redhawk Regiment in Upstate New York. Our season starts with two music introduction practices. Then we do a few practices here and there. But once the last week of July hits... Band Camp starts. Band Camp is 2 weeks, 4 days each week from 12 to 9. They are very tiring with very few breaks. This is where we focus on learning new drill and memorizing music. Once those are passed we buckle down and this is when the cleaning and preparing for show season begins. We go until the last week in August just cleaning up and preparing. In the last week of August, we have a premire show for the parents. And the next week, we have our first show.

These are our scores so far for this season:
ESM:68.65 Tie
New Hartford: 76.20 First
Baldwinsville: 79.85 First
Lancaster: 81.55 First
Liverpool: 80.75 First
Walt Witman: 85.40 First
Arlington: 86.50

Our home show is this weekend and championships are next weekend. I will be updating up until after championships with how we did, scores, and what's to come for the Redhawk Regiment!
October 14th, 2008 at 11:27pm