I'm Sorry I'm Not Perfect

Hey guys, I just wanted to leave a message saying I'm sorry for not updating. I feel bad because I'm really anxious to get back to posting and all but I just don't feel like any of my stories are ready yet.

My perfectionism takes it toll once again. I don't know if you guys feel the same way but it's kind of like my stories are my babies and I want to present them in the best light. Except I think with me there is no best light nothing I write can ever be good enough and so I just keep trying until it finally drives me crazy. I usually end up not liking what I've written and constantly thinking of the million different ways that it could have been better but such is the life of a writer. It is both a blessing and a curse. I think that posting adds to this pressure and that I end up posting things just to please readers when I know that if I had time I could have made it better.

So I'm writing this to let you all know that I am working hard at writing and trying not to worry about posting because the writing comes first. The longer you work on something the harder it is to let go for the world to see and the stories I'm working on now are ones that I've had in my head for years that have morphed and developed and now it's hard to do it as much justice on paper as what the story is in my head but I am trying.

I'm posting some of my old school poems in the meantime and I hope you like them no matter how cheesy they may be. Remember I was young...
October 15th, 2008 at 05:24pm