My analogy for Obama

So, i'm from North Dakota and am currently an exchange student in Germany. In my english class here all we do is look at the presidential debates and speeches. I'm getting quite sick of Obama. At least the germans like to look at both sides of the issues. They're a much friendlier people to debate with. Anyways...

I thought to myself.

Obama's policies are like a new candy (or something similarly tasty) that hasn't been released yet in this country.

The kids see the commercials for this new candy on the TV, the mascot is this friendly African American with a huge smile and kind words. They almost want the candy just because of the man on the TV. They won't look on the back of the package to see whats really in it. The man on the TV says it will be good, so they believe him.

We, the conservatives are like the parents, we have the ability to read the ingredients on the back of the box, and warn the kids that this candy is going to be very bad for them. We also know that this candy has been released in other countries, and all of the kids in those countries are very unhappy with it.

But they won't listen.

When they finally get this candy it will be sweet at first and they will throw it in the parent's faces. "Ha you were wrong, this is good. nom nom nom"
but eventually the candy will become sour and they will realize that buying into it was a huge mistake, but theres no going back now, the candy has given them a stomach ache and now they're going to be shitting all over themselves and everyone around them for four years.

whatever. i was bored so i felt like typing it. :P
October 15th, 2008 at 09:41pm