My friend has brain cancer..

..and it just hit me.

It was a girl from my old traveling soccer team. She was so buff and so beautiful and so nice. I remember the first time I met her. She was with her best friend, Alex, and nobody from my team noticed they were really there. I went over and stuck my hand out and said, "Hey, I'm Brianna, you guys can call me Bri. Wanna go chill over there? I'll introduce you guys".
That's how she remembers it too. She was so outspoken and always willing to help out her friends. She loved blasting her discman to Panic at the Disco and loved getting us together to go out with the team.
My team broke up years ago, maybe like 3 or 4 years ago, really not that long ago. I was just told that she has a tumor in her brain and that she's been undergoing chemo. I've also been told that she looks like a thin twig no more than 75 pounds with no more hair.

...I kinda just didn't think about it until now. She's sixteen years old and she's dying. She was one of my favorite people that I've ever known. It could have been anyone and it's never really taken me that much back, you know?
I thought about it the other night and it was just enough to make me cry. I can't even imagine what's going through her mind right now and how she feels. She's only sixteen and she's about to die without even getting out of high school. Not even living life yet or experiencing things that other people have.

I'm trying to get my team together to do a fund raising car wash for her. That way we can all see each other and Courtney (my friend) and just be able to hang out and help her feel a bit better.
There's not much that you can say to her really, but if it were me I'd want to hang out with the people I felt closest to and be able to laugh along.

I've listened to the song 'Hear You Me' and it dawned on me that she doesn't have so much time left and it hurts knowing that.

Sorry if I wasted your time. I just needed to get it out of my system and just..know that it's real, that I'm not imaging this.
October 20th, 2008 at 04:59am