Well, nobody's perfect

I just saw a friend of a friend on here say goodbye because she's going to commit suicide.
I'm not sure if she's going to go through with it...I've just caught glimpses of the comments. I feel like I should say something but I don't even know what would I say this time.
I don't even know her and I'm nervous.

The thing is, I've been around people like that only since I was on Quizilla. which means for two years I have seen journals on saying goodbye to friends and the world and I've always tried to post something to try to see something at the end of the tunnel or something. To help anyway I could think of and I think that sometimes it's actually helped.

But honestly....I think it's taking a toll on me seeing all of these threats and letters about suicide. I feel like each one I see lately is rubbing off me. Not saying that I would get thoughts of suicide but the sadness of it all.
I can feel it affects me for quite a while. Each one ever so slightly. And it's scaring me a little.
The worst thing is that I feel weak for letting these people's actions affect me to this extent. And then I feel heartless for even thinking that.

I have avoided reading journal posts and things like that lately because of it but I don't want to stop completely if I can help. Maybe I didn't help at all and I'm just fooling myself.

I don't know. I don't know what to do. I'm not sure what I should do anymore. I don't know if I ever did.
October 20th, 2008 at 06:26am