the scream awards 2008:

the scream awards 2008: some comic books, the smashing pumpkins, and a hell of a lot of attention on watchmen.

So the evening started out a little slow. This was probably due to the defeat of Umbrella Academy for best comic book. Although some other comic won, I still, in my heart, believe strongly that UA should of prevailed. Even the Twilight world premier sneak peak immediately afterwards could not lighten my mood. All was okay as I applauded Heath Ledger on the two awards his stunning performance in the Dark Night got him, and even as Batman seemed to carry on with its winning strike through out the night. I was even amazed when Tim Burton and Wes Craven took the stage for their own awards.

But I really didn't star getting into it towards the end when The Smashing Pumpkins took the stage to preform their newer hit, Glow. They were amazing, and the night took off from there. Immediate to follow, and causing me much excitement, was Gerard Way on the stage. He was announcing the winner of the Most Anticipated Movie. When I saw the vehicle prop behind him my joy only spread more. The Night Owl's transportation was on the stage behind Gerard. This only proved the winner to me. Without a doubt, Gerard said that Watchmen flooded the Most Anticipated and won hugely.

Smashing Pumpkins immediately followed by Gerard Way announcing immediately followed by Watchmen made my night. In all honesty.

I'm still a bit bummed that they didn't show all the awards given; like I don't quite remember them awarding best Comic Book Artist, unless I missed it, so I guess I'll just have to wait till tomorrow to see if they posted it.

Over all, the awards were amazing.
October 22nd, 2008 at 05:19am