4/27/07 - First Concert/My Chem Concert

Yeah, I want to my first My Chemical Romance concert on 4/27/07. I had to get out of school early so I could go travel down to Maryland to go see MCR. Anyways, my cousin and I got to Merriweather and stood in this GIGANTIC line. Luckily, the people passing out fliers told us there was a shorter line up the hill. So, we got in and got good seats.

An hour later, Muse came on. Believe me, they sound WAY better live. At the end, the threw out these big gigantic balloons filled with confetti. Unfortunately, none of them came back to me.

So, there was a break between the bands. While we all waited for MCR impatiently, people would scream for the randomness things. Once, a sound tech. came across the stage and everyone screamed. Then, someone poked their hand through the curtain and everyone started to scream. Finally, through a crack of the curtain, you could see MCR come out on stage. Everyone was going wild.

The lights went out and people brought out a gurney out across the stage. From where I was standing you couldn't tell who was in it. So, Gerard started singing, "The End". I still couldn't see where he was. Suddenly, he popped up from the gurney. Then, when the big intro came, the curtains open and you could see the band.

They sang through the whole "The Black Parade" CD and then they went off of stage. They played the recording of the hidden track on the speakers. After the song was over, you could hear Gerard say on the microphone, "Maryland, you've been a bad girl." The curtains re-opened and they were all out of their uniforms.

They played(not in order):
I'm Not Okay
Cemetery Drive
You know what they do to guys like us in prison
Helena
and a couple others...

Frank threw full Gatorade bottles out to the pit. Matt Cortes did a great job for a replacement. Bob was wearing long black and white striped socks. At the end of the whole thing, Ray jumped up on the platform that the drum sets were on (there were two drum sets), and he started to play along with Bob. Bob didn't even notice until Ray start playing random stuff.

It was the best night of my life. Thankfully, those people with the fliers told us where the other
entrance was or we would have definitely been in the lawn. My cousin did take pictures and videos, but he has not yet given me them. So, I'll put them up when I receive them.

P.S. I finally got the pictures, but I never received the videos, so I'll post them if I get them.

Pictures:
Muse balloons.
Gerard, Frank, and Matt.
Gerard and Frank.


This will be edited.
April 30th, 2007 at 12:13am