I Love Edward Norton

-love-

So i just watched American History X for the first time, and I was truly blown away. Man, its an intense movie, when i talk about it at school the first thing they tell me is, "Oh man the curb stomp was crazy!"

Me-"Are you serious? That is the only thing you think about when you hear about that movie?"

Im so disappointed that people could not see past the so called brutality to acknowledge the discrimination and the power behind words. How a single man can corrupt the thoughts of young boys and girls and turn them into white supremacists and the effects of hate and pent up anger.

The movie shows the effects of hate on a human being, it s violence enhances the idea, but its the words that were used that got to me. It is very unlikely that people recover in prison, usually they grow worse and accustomed to the survival instinct, but Norton was able to free himself from his own hate.

Favorite Quote: "So I guess this is where I tell you what I learned - my conclusion, right? Well, my conclusion is: Hate is baggage. Life's too short to be pissed off all the time. It's just not worth it. Derek says it's always good to end a paper with a quote. He says someone else has already said it best. So if you can't top it, steal from them and go out strong. So I picked a guy I thought you'd like. 'We are not enemies, but friends. We must not be enemies. Though passion may have strained, it must not break our bonds of affection. The mystic chords of memory will swell when again touched, as surely they will be, by the better angels of our nature."

I think Edward Norton's performance was amazing, and his performance in Fight Club he was amazing!!! Oh my goodness in Red Dragon he was to die for. In the hulk he was like UGH. But he is allowed one bad movie. :]

Image

-kkfu-
October 25th, 2008 at 03:42am