Read BEFORE you comment.

Alright guys, SOOOOOOOOO many people have a go at me, on my page, for saying i think God doesnt exist, and i always come back with the same thing. So basically, if you intend on doing the same, just read this comment i left on the page of someone who did it before you do as well. Im tired of repeating myself. Some of it doesn't directly relate to what i say about christianity, but if you read it you'll know what does.

It says:
Hahahaha, the word ignorance coming from you amuses me. I'll leave the god bit till last, because if you weren't so shut up in your own little world, oblivious to whats going on, you'd know that picture is a photo taken by a guy named Bill Henson, and when it featured on the cover of a art magazine the media went nuts about how wrong it is etc, and another group of people who were very vocal about the issue were the catholic church. I dont know if you are catholic yourself, but the argument still remains. They claimed it was a disgrace to parade one of gods creatures around like that - but this assumes they know the mind of God. Lets just use the example here of me, who you seem to have taken a disgusted interest in:
Every sunday, i make eggs. eggs and bacon to be exact. Ive been doing this for a while, but every time i make those eggs, almost without fail they are 'too dry' or 'taste like charcoal', the point here being that i cant cook eggs. But there are many people out there with difficulty's in the easiest of tasks. So can you blame me? no. I am only human. So if the mind of your average, human being cant cook two minute eggs, or trips up the stairs occasionally, how do you expect that we as a whole species could fathom the mind of God? If God DID create the earth and stars, IS the reason for childbirth and love, how could people like you or me possibly get into his mind and find out what he wants or why he does things? The simple answer here is that we cant. And seeing as that is what Christianity almost revolves around, id say that this blemish in the system alone is enough for me to know - and for you to at least consider - that God is a fallacy. A hoax. A dream that something is up there that makes us oh so important, because people cant accept that we're not.
Now onto your proof that i supposedly see every day of my life and am an ignorant bastard for conveniently ignoring. My thoughts on this aren't non-existant, they're just not in line with yours. Everyone Has Free Will. Everyone Makes Their Own Choices. If someone is going to have a baby, being an example you used, that comes about from choices they've made and decisions that they have had to make. Now i'm no science freak, but im pretty sure that there are reasons for why this sort of thing happens that dont involve an old guy with a beard. We've got genetics, for one. Mitosis, Meiosis anyone??

It seems to me that you've got a tendency to arc up against ANYONE who could cast even the slightest sliver of doubt into your mind about god, but you dont really think about what you say before you say it - not from a rational point of view anyway.
Once you've taken a while to digest this lump of common sense, something you may or may not not be familiar with, come and tell me what you think about it now.
October 28th, 2008 at 05:40am