Life of a Perfectionist

I have noticed for about four years that I am more like my mom than anything, especially when it comes to wanting everything perfect.

If you do not know what a perfectionist is, just look at the root word (perfect). Us people want things perfect and will do anything to get it that way.

My case is milder compared to most people, do not worry, I do not murder people or anything.

But it does bother me. For, I hate working in groups because I can not get the work done to my standards, and I have most of the time just done most of the work for all of the people.

As well, I LOVE LOVE clean homes! I will sometimes clean for hours around the house so no dust survives! I love to clean, but my friends think i am crazy because of it.

But do not think that being a perfectionist is all fun. No. It is most of the irritating, frustrating. etc.. This is because I have sat up at nights, destroying some of my papers because I didn't hole punch them right, or because I did not staple it in the correct position in its corner. I have gotten frustrated and thrown work away, and started over.

I love my work to be perfected, but it takes a while to get there. All my clothes are ironed and wrinkle free, my lunches are packed the way i like it, my papers are organized, etc...

At least my mother is the same way.

Do you think this is genetic? Is it a good or bad habit?

*Please Comment*
October 30th, 2008 at 01:32am