CAKE OR DEATH!!!! (personal challenge)

look it up on youtube, yes? Oh that and "supermarkets and trolleys" personally I think the second ones better.

Anyway to my rant.

First thing you must know, I love poetry it is the very soul of the writer poured out on the page. It is art spread across the page in your words and it is the beauty of your heart that allows you to express yourself. I love poetry, BUT REALLY PEOPLE!!! Must everything be dreary and depressing. I mean yes that may be the time you feel the strongest urge to write, but can you not find the poetry in the happier things? Can we not, as artists, branch out and see colours beyond blue? Or is that too hard? Are we going to limit ourselves to only write in the times of meloncholy? (just wanted to use that word today) MR. Penguin says NO!!!! please, please, look outside the box. Break free of those restricting picture frames and see what was meant to be seen. There is poetry in the acts of life! Poetry in the rythm of your chores. Poetry in nature. Poetry in peoples faces. Poetry in everything and not ALL OF IT IS DEPRESSING!!!!!! FLOWERS DO NOT MAKE YOU CRY, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! I WANT MORE FLOWERS!!! okay no, not flowers per-say... i don't really like flowers.... BUT SOMETHING THAT IS BEYOND THE REST!!! EVERYBODY is writing about being dumped, yeah thats bad it really is but I'm tired of looking at the new poetry and only seeing things like: "dead" "betrayed" "lost" "afraid" "sad" "CRY CRAYON CRY". Yes these things are horrible. Yes these things need to be written but is no-one happy here? Does no-one see the beauty of this world we live in? Not one person? Please if you can see the wonders of our everyday life write about it. If you can't and right now you only see pain, then I challenge you to look for one beautiful thing and write. Put all your emotions into that one beautiful thing so that you too may see.

-Crayon Eater
October 31st, 2008 at 10:35pm