My parents are controlling my life

My parents have gone past the point of protective. A while ago I asked them to treat me like an adult, but now they treat me like a retarded adult. They act like I should be able to do things for myself, but that I still need them to tell me what I should do for myself.

Take, for instance, this evening. I had planned to go to my friend Kitty's place, go out with her brother's youth group and then sleep over. And at the last minute, my parents decided because of the weather I shouldn't go. And then they said I couldn't sleep over. And they said that they had always maintained there would be no sleepover. And I told them that even though I had just found out the youth group thing was canceled, I needed to go to Kitty's place to study and they said I could study on my own. Even though I can't study on my own. And study groups are a legitimate thing. But they still insisted on controlling my every move. And they said I was smart enough to study on my own. And I said they were bad parents. And they laughed.

THEY ACT LIKE I DON'T KNOW MYSELF! They act like I don't mean the things I say. But I do. I don't like my father. And not just when he annoys me. I don't like him as a person.

I need to cheer myself up.

I shall go play RuneScape.
November 1st, 2008 at 06:56am