I Met The Matches!!!

Okay, so tonight was fucking amazing.

We got to the French Quarter around 2:30pm. There were only like 4 ppl there and as soon as we got there I see Jon setting up. So I run over and ask for a picture and he was like "Sure" so I got one and then I got him to sign the Decomposer cover for Bobbye.

A few minutes later Matt is there setting up too and I asked him for a pic and to sign the picture and then I gave him the sketch I drew. (In an interview he said that the one thing he wanted from a fan was red velvet cupcakes with his name etched in them but I can't bake so I drew them and wrote "They may not be edible, but they're made with love" and he loved it. I kept seeing him show it to people) And a few minutes later he showed up with a box of cookies and gave them to us. I like melted. hehe.

So about 10 minutes later Shawn is there and I'm so shaking. So I dug in my bag and handed him the V for Vendetta sketch I drew for him and he loved it. He kept looking at it and he said it was amazing. So I got a pic with him and he signed the allbum. Then Lo got a pic with him and gave him the hat I bought her. He felt really bad for taking it but we told him too.

So we wait like 3 hours for the show and spend most of it talking to this roadie, Jimmy. He was hilarious and kept teasing us about the cookies. He ended up giving us 3 free posters.

The door open and Lo runs to get us a good spot, I ran to merch and got 2 hoodies (one for me one for her) 2 bars of Jon's soap (one for me one for Bobbye) 2 posters (one for me and one for Amelia) and an E Von Dahl cd because I cant find the damn cd anywhere.
The merch chick was cool and was like "Man, I wanna be your friend" haha.

Jon was inside before the show and I asked if he wanted to trade hats and he was like "No, that's okay. I like yours though" and then I said I blew 140 on merch and he was like " O.O Wow...thanks. Did you buy my soap?" "Yeah, two bars" He grinned real big "Aww, thanks. I hope you like it" and then I smiled and ran back to my spot.

The Status and Valencia were both pretty good. The singer of Valencia was like "O.O Matches fans attacking." XDD Because we were screaming before he even said they'd be on next.

The 2 ppl in front of us were nice enough to let us into THE. FRONT. before the Matches got on.

The show was absolutely amazing. I was right in between Jon and Shawn and Jon was all in my face the entire night. At one point he handed me his guitar when he was taking off his vest. He smiled and mouthed "Thank you". Me, Lotus and this chick we met were acting a fucking fool, they couldnt stop looking at us. haha.
During Salty Eyes Shawn looked straight at us and sang the chorus to us with this big smile on his face. I was friggin goop.

Towards the end there was this bitch behind me that kept purposely slamming me into the stage. it's a VERY small venue so the stage is at my knee/shin region so my right leg is all fucked up and my left knee is bruised.

She almost pushed me into Jon a couple time and my ribs were slammed into the amps.

After the show we BOOKED out of there. (Ukk, Bayside. No thanks) So we ran outside (well, I limped) So we were waiting outside and we saw Matt lugging their equipment by himself. Poor Matt looked more like a roadie than a musician. We asked if he needed help and he was like "No, thanks. It's okay" we still watched some of his stuff and held the door for him. Matt handed me a drumstick as he was loading them up. =D

Dylan came out next and we hugged him, took a pic and he signed my poster. Then I saw Jon come out and after they loaded we talked to them. Jon was glad we were freaking out at the show and he said he saw that girl pushing me and he felt bad. "I was trying not to be pushed into you" "Aww, don't worry about me." and he smiled a little.

Then we talked to Shawn again and he smiled and thanked us for being so crazy at the show and he said he saw that girl push me too and wished my leg felt better. I got that pic of him with the sign for Kryssi and he signed my poster.

Then Jon talked to us again and said Shawn's amp got stolen and Shawn looked so crushed and we were like "We'll beat whoever stole it up" and Jon was like "No, I'll beat them up." But luckily a few minutes later Jimmy came back with the amp and Jon and Shawn looked so happy.

Then we couldnt find Matt. haha. We finally found him and asked him to sign our posters and my drumstick.

So yeah, there's our night. It was fucking amazing. Me and Lo are still daydreaming about it.

=D

-Ash
November 2nd, 2008 at 05:42am