MCR save lives?...

...Since when? That's new to me.

Seriously, did Gerard, Ray, Bob, Frank or Mikey put on some Doctor's scrubs and complete a triple-by-pass? Or better yet, did they adorn blue lyrca and big red S's on their chests and swoop down and save you from some impending doom?

Im guessing your answer is no.

Okay, so you feel they got you out of a bad place, or maybe, just maybe you can relate to them in some way; whether it be a lyric in a song or a quote from a interview or magazine. It doesnt mean they saved you.

You can only be saved if you want to be; it starts with you. No-one else.

If one of their songs moves you or made you feel better about life and brought you to a decision that led you to make changes...great! They move me too. But it wasnt exactly like one of the guys was there holding your hand and guiding you through the dark times, was it? Didnt think so.

Im not buying into the whole "My Chemical Romance saved my life!" Because quite frankly they didnt. You did it on your own.
I love MCR, theyre one of my favourite bands, Goddamit! But until I see them standing next to a hospital gurney in a Doctor's coat with a happy patient they brought back from the brink, I wont believe they saved anyone.
They just help make life a little more bearable.

Now flame me, you know you wanna!
April 30th, 2007 at 08:53pm