Stop Being So hatefull.

I'm Offended.

But what does it matter if i'm offended?

I'm a conservative Catholic.

Everyone hates that.

Everyone on here would freak out if someone said

"I hate gay people"

if i said that in honesty, which i couldn't, because i don't hate gay people, but if i said that, just about every member of this site would come on here all angry.

But not one of you could give a shit that i'm offended. Because for some reason you seem to believe that having conservative values and being a Christian somehow makes me evil.

All of the people who supported Prop 8 should go kill themselves.

Thats something i've heard people on here say.

Now what the fuck is up with that?

How can you justify saying that, no matter how wrong you may think someone is on a topic, how can you think you're better than them, if you're running around wishing them dead and spewing just as much hate, if not more, than they are.

From what i've observed, those opposing Prop 8 have been ridiculously radical.

HERE

Prop 8 Supporter attacked

And yes, of course there is violence against gay people all of the time. But as far as i've seen, not involving this Prop 8. And what justifies what these people in the articles have done?

Now, hating gay people is wrong. But how is it okay to hate people who hate gay people?
By acting like the bigoted people who are attacking you, you're no better than they are. Take the high road.

That is hypocritical. You want people to be accepted, well you're not accepting those people who's beliefs differ from yours.

How can you justify Hate? you can't, yet you are all rambling on how all these "homophobes" should be dead.

I fail to see the logic.

And i know that most of you are just going to label me as a homophobe because i'm conservative and Catholic. And for some reason your brains are programmed to tell you that these things are things that you can hate on without worry. Honestly, i know what i am, i know i'm not a homophobe, i don't need to explain myself to you people.

its just ridiculous when you jump off on people for supposedly hating people, and to show how you can't stand it when these people hate people, you prove how much you hate them.

its stupid.

why can't you respect people for what they think, whether you agree with it or not?

Why do these things only have to go your way? Why is it that if someone doesn't agree with you that automatically makes them narrow minded or stupid, or worthy of death and hate?

I read a poem today bashing the Pope. The Pope. Are you kidding me? This is why I am offended. But who cares about a Catholic...

I'm sorry, but your track of logic must be seriously contorted if you view the Pope to be some sort of corrupt or evil figure.

No matter what you believe, I don't get how someone could think of the Pope as not a nice guy.

Geeze.

It offended me.

But who cares if i'm offended right?

It only matters if gay people or black people are offended.

It makes no difference if a conservative Catholic is offended.

If somehow i had the messed up mindset to write a poem saying that i thought gay people were wrong, how many of you do you think would cry out? and condemn me to hell?

I just think you need to stop claiming to be open minded when you're going to lash out at anyone who doesn't share your obviously narrow minded views.

And please stop equating anyone who is Cristian with being a homophobe. It simply isn't true. The people who got Prop 8 passed were not "haters" They simply believe that marriage is between a man and a woman, Believing that does not mean you hate gay people.

Once again, i am not denying that gay people are hated on or anything, but i think you need to sit back, take a deep breath, and respond to things rationally and civilly. And realize that just as you have your own beliefs, so do other people. And you need to respect that.

Because if you don't, you're just as bigoted and ignorant as any other prejudiced person out there.

UPDATE

THIS IS RIDICULOUS
November 7th, 2008 at 10:57pm