Human Nature/NaNoWriMo/Bitching in General

It's getting increasingly hard to tell the enemies from the friends. I mean, it used to be so easy to hate people. 'Oh, so-and-so's a bitch, let's hate her.' 'All right, ace idea, let's then, mate.' The End. Maybe good ol' so-and-so ain't such a bitch after all. One of the reasons I don't want to get close to people is, if they're someone I don't like, I don't want to end up finding out they've got redeeming qualities too. Makes everything so much more complicated. If people form a band of people who don't like a certain person, and you end up finding out that person's not so bad, you get booted out of the band. And there is safety in numbers.

No, I'm not close-minded. I just don't want to be confuzzled further than I already am. I just wish things were simple. Childish things. Time to cast that sort of shit off.

All this time, and I'm still afraid to not blend in with the chorus. These goddamn fucking circles. They're like the circles of Hell or something.

NaNo's going alright, I just need to do a hell of a lot of catching up this weekend; I think I can do it, though. I just still have no idea how to upload the manuscript onto the goddamn page. I mean, you copy, then paste in that yellow box under 'Edit Novel', right? Above where it says 'Paste your novel here, etc.'? Nothing happens. Paste isn't an option if you right-click. I would go into a help forum on the NaNo site, but I guess their servers are inundated, cos it repeated shows a 'this website doesn't exist' page after taking twenty minutes to load.

NaNo is also the reason there hasn't been a night this week I haven't gone to bed before 12:30. I'm only getting six hours of sleep. And you may think me lucky, but fuck it, I'm selfish - I need my sleep! Others are like, 'Oh, haha, sleep is for the weak!' I just want to lop off - oh, never mind. I'm a freak - I need sleep.

I am falling asleep as I type, and I need to get 8000 words for tonight; only up to 7300.

Geez, what else can I complain about? My ears have been hurting on and off all day now. Though I really doubt I'm getting sick.

Yawn. All right, y'all. I'm going to look at some pretty paintings and write stories behind them for the rest of the night and listen to a single Regina Spektor song. Have a nice night, earthlings.
November 8th, 2008 at 06:20am