Is there ever a day when there isn't fan fiction or cliché romance on the stories page?

I'm getting pretty tired of going to the Stories page and ending up with Jonas brother fan fiction and love stories with long haired boys. It's fine that kids are actually writing and stuff, but is a topic like that really necessary every single day?

Every day, I try to find a story that will make me think and feel mesmerized. That can't happen if I read a story about a teenage girl's dream. Why is that the majority of the stories on this site need romance? Romance is nice but usually, people write about it with no originality. It's always the same plot over and over again.

Here are some romantical equations:

boy+girl= sex and hopeless love that can usually never happen
boy+boy= porn and hopeless love that can usually never happen
girl+girl= rare

There are hopeless romantics out there. I do not mean to offend you guys. It's okay if you like it. All I'm asking for is some originality. I have a couple of things I really love to see in a story.

-A good title. I like a title that is witty and will usually catch my attention. Titles that give away the whole plot of the story usually make readers know what to expect. In example, some annoying titles are "I'm Going to an all Boy's Boarding School?! What?"

Yeah. Fucking annoying. Especially when that title is repeated 95206928 times in the first chapter and the main character explains how she hates being around some "hot sexy man meat."

-I love it when the twists are unexpected and make me stop for a second and say, "Oh wow." None of that crap where the main characters mother commits suicide or something while she's having sex with her godly boyfriend that she has only known for eight days and she calls herself and ugly out cast.

-When the author gives descriptions but doesn't go on and on describing how everything looks.

-When realistic things are events in the story. I'm so sick of of people writing fan fiction with their character meeting some of the biggest stars in some of the stupidest places. And then the celebrity automatically gets drawn by "dull, ugly, loser, and average" character. ARE THERE REALLY CELEBRITIES WHO HAVE TIME TO FALL IN LOVE WITH RANDOM PEOPLE IN A CROWD?!

There's a shitload of other stuff I'd like to say, but I think you guys get my point. Comments? Concerns?
Are you guilty of this stuff?

Please, I don't want to offend anyone. I'm pretty sure other people hate this kind of stuff. If anything, I'd like to see more original stories with nice plots and gut-wrenching endings. Gut wrenching in a good way though. Please, be creative. Don't let us expect what's going to happen in a story.
November 15th, 2008 at 03:35am