A Prince Charming Kind of Guy

If about 7 months ago, you had asked me if I believed in true love, or love at first sight, I would have undoubtedly said no, I didn't. It is amazing in how short of time, my mind was changed, actually it took three days for me to realize I was wrong. I have never really had good luck, if I were to say what character from a book I was, I would definately have to say Bella Swan, from Twilight. I have always been prone to bad things, and have never really had much hope in my life.

I had to start acting like at adult at a young age, when I was in fifth grade. I had to take care of my ill father, do homework, clean, cook, go to soccer practice, and do everything else my father and mother needed me to do. My mom wasn't around too often, working 8-12 hour days to pay hospital bills and pay for the food. I felt like everything was on my shoulders, and there was no one around. I got so sick of dealing with my father, I wished he was dead at times.

Two years later, that horrible thing, came true. I was devastated, right when my mother told me what happend, I didn't know how to react so I quickly just began starting to throw his things away, and move things around. I didn't cry in front of anyone at the funeral, I pretended like I was fine, wearing this mask all the time.

After that is when I began cutting, but not in a way to get attention, the last thing I wanted was for people to find out. I did it, becuase I was numb, and it was the only thing I was able to feel, but it never hurt. It was almost like getting rid of all the other pain.

That year was also the year I started dating, looking for that missing piece...the part I lost, and the part that every woman needs. I luckily never kissed those boys, so I never did anything stupid. But I was still suffering from guilt, pain, and loss, and I needed help more then ever.

Friends quickly started fading, not accepting who I was, they didn't like what I had become. I turned to music, one of the few ways I could let my feelings out. Soon rediscovered Linkin Park, and one day became a member of LPN (Linkin Park Network).

One day, I came across one boys profile, his name, is Joey. Thinking he was cute, I left him a message, and soon he commented back. We exchanged MSN addies and we hit it off very fast.

The third day he said "Erika, may I tell you something, honestly?" I of course said yes, and he replied, "I love you."

I new he had been special from that first conversation we had. I never DREAMED of online relationships, and just didn't think a thing like that could ever work. But I KNEW that there was something special about him.

I know believe in miracles, and I finally have hope in my life. I have been dating, the most amazing and sweet guy, that I have ever met, for 6 WONDERFUL months, and they have flown by so fast.

I never thought I would end up with a guy like this, to be honest, I never knew guys like this existed. Good looking, sweet, charming, loving, caring, respectful, romantic, funny, and so many more good qualities he has. My life has totally changed becuase of him, he saved my life. I finally know that, even though they might be rare, and very few, Prince Charming kind of guys, DO exist.
November 15th, 2008 at 06:26am