Nine Inch Nails!

Yesterday was a pretty bitchin' day, I must say (hehe, that rhymed). I listened to some old Flannel Sheets (Woo!) songs for entertainment on my mp3 player, and laughed at how ridiculous I was then. After that, the plan was to return a charger thing to Best Buy that didn't fit the camera I got it for, waste some time at the mall, and then head out to Royal Oak to see the Sisters of Mercy at the Royal Oak Music Theatre. At the mall I got hit on by a scene girl on my way back to FYE from the bathroom. My exact thoughts were, "Wow, I hate your snake bites, and I'm older than you think.... definitley too old for you", followed by, "Is she just acting like she likes girls because it's the 'scene' thing to do?".

When I got back to FYE, Josh was excited to announce that he had found a 2 disc Adicts collection for only $9.99. Not long after, my phone rang, and Katie Conerton was on the other line offering me two Nine Inch Nails tickets for that night at Van Andel Arena... and for only $15 a piece (normally there tickets range from $50-$90)! Of course, I jumped right on that offer, and on the way back into town we stopped by Katie's, got the tickets, and had conversations involving the word 'weiner'.

A few hours later we headed out to the concert. We stopped at Cracker Barrell (after Friday's was closed and Applebee's, Cheddar's, and Red Robin were insanely packed), and got some dinner. I was really bad at the game with the golf tees, but I rather enjoyed the orange cream soda. When we got to the venue and had our tickets scanned, the lady stopped and said "uh oh" after scanning mine. My first thought was "oh my God, the ticket's fake!", but the fortunatley the lady told me we had been relocated to a better seat, and then we took our back balcony tickets to the ticket counter and were given row J tickets in the inner bowl. Surprisingly, it turned out that our seats didn't really matter at all, and we could move about to basically which ever seat we wanted because there were so few people there (my guess is that it wasn't advertised very well, considering I didn't have any idea about the concert until Katie mentioned it, and anyone who knew Nine Inch Nails was coming would be there, because they put on an amazing show... I'm betting that concert promoter lost a LOT of money).

Anyway, though it was the same show we saw in Auborn Hills a few months ago, it was still INTENSELY AWESOME, and I was pumped for the screens as soon as they started. We actually had the best view after we moved to the back row of the bowl, because we could just sit and see the entire stage (and there were really annoying drunk ladies behind us in our other seats; one which howled just like Max E. Pad, actually. haha). We had left before they finished the encore last time, but this time we stayed and realized that we actually missed A LOT more than we thought. They played like, a 7 song encore! It was Intense!
November 16th, 2008 at 03:20pm