Bill and Trav's Bogus Journey Tour Review

Okay, time for my BILL AND TRAV'S BOGUS JOURNEY TOUR REVIEW!
WHOO!

At ~3:00 my very good friend Logan and her dad picked me up at my house and I gave directions to my other friends' (Gabby and Molly) houses. On the way there, I accidentally broke my iPod headphones and we stopped at Subway. I had this huge Sprite, which I originally wasn't going to drink all of it, but Logan told me that there was a bathroom at the venue, so I drank all of it.

We arrived at the venue ~5:30, and the doors were to be opened at 6. All three of my friends and I had to pee super badly. ~6:30, the doors finally did open, (right as my friends and I got to the covered area in the front, it started to pour) and we headed straight to the bathrooms. After taking care of our extremely full bladders, we decided to get merch.

While in the line, we heard music playing, but we thought "Nah, it can't be Hey Monday already" until we heard "It's ah-ah-obvious to me how it's gonna be," and then we all pretty much said something along the lines of "Shit, it is them." So, we tried to get our merch quickly, but their set was 2/5ths of the way over by the time we were done (which basically means they played 2 out of their 5 songs already). In case you were wondering, I got a blue Hey Monday shirt, and a black TAI shirt.

We were on the outskirts of the crowd for all of Hey Monday's set, but apparently Mike's friends/family were there, and they all left after Hey Monday, allowing me and my friends to scoot up in time for Carolina Liar. Logan and Molly liked them while Gabby and I…well, we didn't. Their set was also five songs long, so it wasn't like at the Honda Civic Tour where Gabby and I were like "MOTION CITY SOUNDTRACK GET OFF THE FUCKING STAGE".

Between Carolina Liar and We The Kings, Gabby and I got separated from Logan and Molly, but we ended up so very close to the front. This was where it started to get bad. Gabby and I were pushed every which way and we were kicked a couple times by crowdsurfers. I actually was separated from Gabby for a few minutes, and in that few minutes, I was kicked in the face by a crowdsurfer and almost lost consciousness. Right then, I thought, "Oh no, I'm going to faint and get trampled and no one will help me up."

Luckily, I regained my senses and Gabby found me after the song. Later, Gabby was kicked in the face by a crowdsurfer and I had to hold her up and ask her if she was okay. She wasn't really, but she told me yes, because we were so close to the stage and she didn't want us to go back. There was also this tall, curly haired guy who jumped around and a tall girl and a tall guy where were being really obnoxious, so Gabby and I were very annoyed by this. We were knocked around a bunch during We The King's set, and (this is gross) we sweated so much, our straightened hair returned to it's natural curly state, but we survived.

Then, TAI came on. It was okay, but towards the end of the set Gabby and I found ourselves back at where we were for Carolina Liar. We didn't care because we didn't feel like getting knocked around, and there were less people, so it wasn't like we couldn't see the stage. William was really energetic, The Butcher talked, which I was excited for, because drummers rarely talk during the set, and they played a few acoustic songs, including a new one, which I got a really good recording of.

When their set was over, the usual things were thrown into the crowd and I almost caught a drumstick. We looked around for Logan and Molly, and eventually found them. Unfortunately, we didn't meet anyone from the bands, but there are other concerts, right? We went to a Wawa's and got a few waters and two Monsters. Logan and I are getting a different energy drink every time we come back from the Starland Ballroom in Sayresville (this is our second time in three months). Last time we got Red Bull, which we hated. We realized Monster tastes almost exactly like Red Bull, but a bit better.

Then, I took a nap, arrived home, and took a shower.

One more thing:
If you're a crowdsurfer, why do you crowdsurf? I don't understand what the fun is in kicking people in the face and falling on your head.

And just one more thing:
Check out this awesome band. They're unsigned, and if you talk to them, they're really nice.
www.myspace.com/thedowntownfiction
November 16th, 2008 at 09:02pm