Christmas Music Is Meant To Be Played Starting Dec. 1st. Not Any Sooner.

I just realized how long it's been since I've actually sat here and typed a mibba journal. I've surprisingly been busy? Not really...

First of all, I must say something about the guy who was working at the comic book store in the mall tonight. His name was John and he was adorable. o_o

I totally made a bet with my Mom that she couldn't go a whole week without eating meat. So far she isn't failing. Of course it's only the second day. She doesn't realize what good it's going to do! That's not the reason I'm doing this though. Pfft, it isn't MY fault she had a second kid. It also isn't my fault said second kid likes to annoy the fuck out of everybody. Actually that is my fault.

So other than my bet that I will WIN and the comic book store dude there really hasn't been anything going on. My life is boring.

To cure my boredom, I have decided to start my own 'zine. A lot of people wouldn't read it but what do I know? People in my town are starting to surprise me. I know nothing, and I repeat nothing, about making a 'zine. With a little research I guess I could figure something out. This is probably just another one of my ideas that is never going to make any progress.

But two signs of an intelligent person are not being organized and procrastination! I like to keep telling myself that.

I wish it wasn't 28 degrees outside. I guess to keep the snow we have to have the cold. I think the high this week is 45. It's ONLY November!

Speaking of it only being November... It's not even December! Christmas music isn't supposed to start being played until December first. We're barely over Halloween! If I can't play my Halloween music all year round then I don't think Christmas music should be aloud to start early. I'm all for skipping Thanksgiving but please spare my ears? Especially at 6:30 in the morning. If me screaming "I know this song! I know it! [So and so] did a cover of it!" will get you to turn it off I will gladly yell that every time. Though, I really did know the song and Street Drum Corps really did do a cover of it with Bert McCracken.

Just because I'm in an anti-Christmas music mood I'm going to play "This Is Halloween" after this song is over. By the way, when I say "Christmas is the most commercial holiday" you're not aloud to retaliate with "that's why I'm listening to the music now." I will growl at you.

Ohhh, and congrats to BSHS marching bulldogs for getting 1st place in Group 2 ACC Invitationals. How I do miss my band days...

That will be all,
Darla.

Song: Rubix Cube- Marsiglia
November 18th, 2008 at 08:47am