Stealing... makes you feel so low.

I mean really. I had this really awesome MP3 player, wasn't like all the others. True, it was only a Sansa 1 Gig MP3 player, but it had an inter-chargeable battery, but it cost forty dollars. Okay, so you’re probably thinking… so? Well to my family and me, forty dollars is a lot. I mean true we have the internet and cable, but that’s because of that whole Bright House package. I rarely get nice things and when I do get nice things, I don’t go and boast about them

So the other day I was in Biology class and I put my MP3 player in my backpack because we had to go to the lab and work on a cell project. I went and completed the project, and when I got back, my backpack was opened and my MP3 player was missing. I was in… shock. I couldn’t believe it was gone So I casually looked through my backpack, as if searching for a piece of paper and when I couldn’t find it… oh man, was I pissed.

I dreaded having to come home and tell Mom about my stolen MP3 player, and the fact that I have a big heart and won’t accuse anybody of stealing (even if there’s a good chance I know of the thief!) I’m just so pissed that every time I get something nice, someone takes it away or makes me feel as if it’s not good enough. Like it’s NEVER good enough. Then I wait after class, making sure everyone’s gone, and confront my teacher about it. I didn’t use the word “stolen” but when he asked if some stole it, I answered with a yes. The only thing he could do was tell the dean. I consider the MP3 player to be gone. I don’t have any money and Mom offered to buy me a cheap MP3 player like hers and my sister’s until Christmas. At X-mas I’m getting one of the new iPod Nanos, and believe me that’s gonna be the ONLY thing I’m getting from Mom, I’ll probably get a few new shirts from my aunts and uncles, but that’s it.

It fucking sucks that whenever I finally get something nice… it’s taken away.
November 19th, 2008 at 03:23am