Why do the little things always bug me?

It's true, every little thing ends up bugging me, and I'm not sure why. I can't stand eating Ruffles sideways or open doors or tangled wires... and today, something a little bigger happened, and it's not leaving my head.

Okay, so I also have this wierd quirk where I talk to all my friends like I'm dating them. You know, calling them honey or sweetie and saying I love them all the time. But then I talk to my boyfriend like he's a friend. Because I don't want him to think I'm in love with him when really, I just like him a lot, not love him. I'm really not that mushy a person with someone I like...

So now that there's a backstory, here's what happened. He was talking to his friend and I guess his friend slipped up and called me a man or was teasing him or something, so Mike (boyfriend) said "Man? I love you, man!"

And I, automatically joining in on the joke, said, "Aw, I love you too, baby!"

Did. Not. Mean. It.

I was joking around. Like I do with friends all the time. But then he went and said "I love you" again... I didn't answer....

I'm just really hoping he knows I was playing around now... it's worrying me. I'd hate for him to think I'm in love with him when I'm not; it's wrong. And I'm probably thinking too much into it like I always do. But really... does anyone else think I should be worried?
November 21st, 2008 at 10:37pm