So what shall I do now that I have miserably failed?

Well my all state chorus audition was today. For the last week I had been very nervous tha tI would not be able to sing today due to the fact that I was sick and had lost my voice. Luckily for me, however, it came back (mostly) yesterday. Well that is lovely but that still didn't mean I was necesarily going to make it.

My audition was today and I sounded dreadful. I suppose it was not quite as bad as I am making it out to be but it was definetly not what you would call good. It was pathetic, really. I had been practicing for a while and I really hoped I wouldn't be as much of a failure as I was.

We had to sing a quartet, which we sang with a CD with the other three voice parts, a solo, which we did we an accompanist, and sight reading (four measures) which no one is good at or really gives a crap about. I did alright with the quartet, although I kept running out of breath because I was so nervous that it was hard to breahe properly. When I did the solo I completely butchered it; it was dreaful. I was a hundred percent miserable sounding. My tone pretty much sucked, my diction was most likely the worst of anyone who had auditioned so far and would audition all day, and like with the quartet I ran out of breath at the last measure and had to take a breath in the middle of the last word so I could finish the line.

So what I am saying is that altough I am not yet certain that I did not make it--we get the results monday or tuesday--I'm pretty sure I didn't even come close. My friend Libbi did really well though. I hope she makes it :)

So basically I feel like crap now, since this had meant so much to me. (Yes, I am aware of the fact that I have screwed up priorities and no life.) I have a lot of homework to do for AP US HIstory this weekend, and I really don't want to. Oh well, not exactly my choice. I also should be working on my nano since November is almost over. I only have slightly over 10,000 words right now.

So yeah, this was pretty much a waste of a journal. Just me ranting about how much I fail XD
November 22nd, 2008 at 08:20pm