Hollywood Fix

Last night I went to see The Pink Spiders at the Magic Stick (Detroit) with Kaelen, Josh, and Stacie. The show started off with the usual; making fun of Shram's seizuring guitarist, categorizing everyone in the room (the ball grabbers, 12 year old scene girls in tube socks, studdly loner boy, etc.), and the such. Josh and Stacie convinced a guy that one of the Pink Spiders' t-shirts was $80 because it was a special limited edition, despite the fact that it was a $20 shirt. The second band was full of guys who gave off the "I WISH I were a rock star" vibe, as oppossed to the "I AM a rockstar" vibe they were going for. Their nerdy bassist is Kaelen's soulmate. They both had tube socks and he was really lame. The third band had a girl singer who reminded us of Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus, and had a really high pitched voice. I thought this band would have been better had they been surrounded by balloons.

The Pink Spiders were last, and the new rhythm section is still better than Jon Decious and Bob Ferrari. The new bassist is not a bad looking man, if I do say so myself. Matt Friction was at least 10 pounds lighter than the last time we saw them, and was already a bit drunk. He left the stage during "Modern Swinger" to get a shot of Jeiger, and I was very tempted to run up on stage and start playing the guitar riff that was missing, but I couldn't bring myself to remember how to play it. haha. Throughout their set he probably had about 7 shots of Jeiger and Tequila, and was hillariously drunk throughout the show. It was a really small show, though, so this worked. Josh was sitting at the side of the stage, and Matt Friction randomly handed his guitar to him and told him "it's in A. Play it". Josh has NO IDEA how to play the guitar, so this was very entertaining and humorous. Everyone got up on stage and danced to "Easy Way Out", and Stacie bumped butts with a pantsless Matt Friction. It was then that we learned what kind of underwear he wore (Kaelen had been wondering what could possibly fit under his pants).

After the show we gave Matt a Straight From the Fridge CD, and confused him with who was dating who.

Matt: So, [Josh is] dating [Stacie], and [Leanne] and [Kaelen] are best friends?
Me: No, [Kaelen & I] are dating.
Josh: I'm not dating [Stacie], I'm dating [Leanne].
Matt: *confused face*
Leanne: [Kaelen and I] are dating, too!
Matt: *very confused look* I don't get it...

Somehow we got to Matt signing all of our boobs, and declaring that we should all go find some drugs. I told him the only dealers I knew were 2 hours away, and then we told him we had to go because we had two hours to drive to get home. His words were: "You have to drive 2 hours? You don't want to do that... come on, let's do some drugs". Knock Knock Joke and age confusion ensued. Then he had us go backstage and wait for him. We stole some setlists and a water, and then went to leave because it was already about 1:30 AM. When we told Matt we had to go, he told us he wanted to see what we all looked like naked, and told me that I could get alcohol if I showed the bartender "my junk" (ie- boobies). Eventually we got a reluctant goodbye out of him, and headed home. haha. He REALLY wanted to do Stacie, by the way. haha. Despite the fact that she's 17 and he's 27. So yeah, we totally could have had an orgy with Matt Friction. haha.
November 24th, 2008 at 03:50am