Just because.

All we are is a speck of dust. A pixel in a photo. Every person blends together to make up our world. While we may think we're important, we're nothing but another head among millions. Most cynics believe this and would defend it vehemently. But lets face it, even if you're unnaturally sanguine, we all feel like this sometimes. We all feel unimportant at one point in our lives. But what happens that changes this? What makes us feel like we are important in this ever growing world?

Sure, you could argue that your job makes you special, or your appearance, or your connections, But I think it's something else. Something that goes far beyond the above things. Love. No matter how many people deny it, love is always coveted. By everyone. "I don't need a man to complete me". But you do need someone, even if it's only a friend. Every human being is designed to crave it. You know it's true. If we don't have love, we feel insignificant. A single grain of sand on the beach. Without love, life is a dying rose. Withering away, waiting for someone to water it.

Loveless. It's a horrible way to live, but a fabulous way to protect your emotions. Living without love creates a dull ache in your heart. I'm sure you've felt this at least once before. The subtle sting you feel when you see people happy, knowing you're not. It really sucks. The longer you live without love, the worse it gets. The dull ache becomes a sharp pain that you live with every day. It radiates through every inch of you until it has completely taken over. Morbid, I know. But true none the less. Living without love is like depriving a painter of their art.

You may not think about it, but love consumes us. It is an ever present quest that we can't stop. We must never stop. In many ways, if we give up on love, we give up hope. We must never give up, no matter what. Bruised, broken, destroyed, don't give up on love. The Beatles were right, all you need is love.

Love stops the feeling of insignificance. Love, true love at least, connects you to a person in a completely unbreakable way. The person you love needs you. That's what takes away the feeling of unimportance. That's what makes us feel special. Like we matter. Because in someones eyes we do. Remember, even though you may not have found love yet, you will. You will be someone's guiding star. Whether you believe me or not,

All we are is a puzzle waiting for the final piece.
November 26th, 2008 at 04:30am