"They said that it would feel that good, and it does". Or does it?

The church.
This sentance alone has brought me countless bible-goers, some fiery with anger, some on their knee's, but all pleading their case to me. That the church is wondeful, the church is the only way to go man, God loves us all. But the message i seem to be getting the most, is 'God loves us all, but he loves some more than others'. Guess what, those 'others' are the people that don't go to church (as a polite way of saying it).

I was surfing the web today, and on no less than 4 websites did i see catholic advertisment. Now them trying to sell their religion is a different issue i'll talk about another day, but it led me to do a little digging. Alot i already knew, but it prompted this discussion, my discussion, on all the crap the catholic church has done.
Lets go for a walk down memory lane, shall we...? only a brief one, i promise

The Roman Empire - run by catholics
-non catholics are fed to lions to appease a paying crowd
-Rome is declared a catholic only nation, and non-catholics are either hunted out or tortured and killed

Early Middle Ages
-The church goes to war with Arianism for the right to convert Barbarian tribes, as well as slaughters newly founded Arian cities
-the church introduces trade sanctions, sparking a conflict with Muslim armies
-the church has several of it's popes killed for misuse of biblical imagery (wtf?)
-the east and west sides of the church fight and split, forming the modern day catholicm church and the eastern orthodox church (just a note. neither religion kept to it's old ways, both changing its policy's and beliefs on matters such as the after life. even still, both claim the bible had always said it was so (as they say it), even though they both use the same bible. think about it)

High Middle Ages
-monasteries and covenants sprung up, controlling all schooling and health sevices (for an exclusive catholic audience)
-the first crusade was launched with the aim of eliminating muslims and ensuring catholic rule
-Prussia and parts of asia are conquered by church forces
-the catholic church splits again, the other side forming catharism (which believed in matter, a proven thing). The church launches the secnd crusade and wipes out the new religion, but in doing so commits uncountable right abuses including slavery (sex, house, etc) and varying tortue methods. Here we see Drawing and Quatering coming into play.
-the church implements laws to stop similar things happening again (which didnt work)
-law stating 'heretics' must be killed in all instances was implemented by the church
-the french army takes over the Papacy via war, yet changes nothing about the church
-church wars in buhemia destroy seemingly countless native tribes

.....

it doesn't end there, guys, and ive done my best to leave out graphic details and names of individuals, so i can't be accused of being bias. I will finish this, beleive me. What ill probably do is delete this and incorerate it into another journal. its all simply fact, all of which is acknoledged by the catholic church. So God loves us all, except for those that get cut inot little pieces, fed to lions, persecuted, denied education, hunted out, and those that question the rule of the Papacy. And later, we see more killing, as well as the suffocating of many African economy's in a bid for power, the ramifications of which can still be seen today.
So, digest it, enjoy it, and then go off at me for it if you want.
This, catholics, is your legacy.
This is what 'God' has done to us.
This is what you defend, what you worship, and what you stand for.

This is the church
November 27th, 2008 at 03:31am