Technological madness

Have you ever wondered whether technology really improves your life?

Well for the last week that's been on my mind a lot. First my modem packs up - no biggie right? Guess again that would be the 3 rd time this month. Talk about frustration central.

Then my phone starts acting up - great now I'm totally disconnected from the world.

By this time my frustration levels have soared and stress is on the increase. I can't chat, phone or read my favorite stories - all my favorite things are taken away in one go.

I decide to go on a shopping spree - just to try some retail therapy and release some pent up frustrations - guess what I can't get any money because the network?? is down. Stike me with lightning and burn me now - now I'm totally distressed and depressed and just about ready to chew off my wrists in frustration.

We depend so much on technology that when it's taken away it like you're in this bubble where you don't have any way of contacting the outside world or even enjoying the simplest of things that we depend upon to make our lives better.

I've come to the conclusion that although technology does make life easier it also complicates things as well. I guess that's just somehing we'll have to live with.

PS. Oh by the way - just before I died from frustration my technological fairy fixed all my technological problems and thus I was saved from boredom.
November 30th, 2008 at 08:12pm