I Seem to be Confused As to What This Place is For...

I personally have always considered Mibba a writing site...
It's not Facebook (social networking utility).
It's not Myspace (just lame).

It's "a creative site designed for young authors to share their stories and poems and gain feedback from a growing audience."

If you're friends with someone on Mibba because they tell you how scene they are and how much their life sucks and how totally rad the private concert they went to was, well, what kind of person does that make you?

Maybe, if you actually liked the person, it wouldn't matter that they lied to you about their shitty home life, or their 3 million dollar mansion. If someone lied to me, I would laugh, and ask why they think that they're not good enough on their own?

So, my point here is, it doesn't matter who you are, or who you pretend to be. This is a place for writing. Or reading. Or both. If you make friends along the way, then cookies for you.

I'm not saying that everyone should go and find some generic scenester picture and post it as themselves. I'm also not saying that people should waste time and energy looking through pictures to find out who's "fake".

Anyways, to sum it up, get over it, then get over yourselves. The world is a big bad place, and yes, people lie.
December 1st, 2008 at 01:23am